Friday, February 10, 2012

Update

I haven’t had much to write about lately. I’ve still been playing with lots of new things since I last posted anything meaningful. Prayer cape, potion flasks, troll invasion, all great additions. Making flasks is currently funding my daily staff purchases but I assume that will only last another day or two before they drop down to a price where I start considering actually using them opposed to selling them.

I’ve been pretty good about making sure I harvest my morchella mushrooms twice a day. I have over 500 now and about 1.5k fellstalk pots (u) which I’m saving for bonus weekend which should be sometime in March.

I’ve also been on a mission to get the hybrid sets of armor. I have the boots from Pest Control. I’m currently working on the legs from Soul Wars and mannnnn, its taking for-ev-er. I can’t tell you how many points I’ve cashed in or games I’ve played and still nada. I did go from 90-91 Ranged cashing the points in and am only about 50k from 92 Range. I got 99 Pray several months ago so I’m using my points on Range. I was ice barraging for a while, which is amusing but I’m terrible at it. Its still nice to see the big numbers come up on the xp meter when you start doing it right though.

I used up my skoll boots at the barb agility course. Watching that xp melt away felt great. It was to a point where I actually didn’t mind doing agility for a few days. That said, I went from 90-92 and I’m happy with that. After bonus weekend I’ll start doing some BA again to recharge my horn.

My drive to level is to really just do that, level. I have a good amount of friends who are maxed in the game. Some still play but many have lost interest and start something else, another game. My ultimate goal, as I’m sure is everyone else’s, is to max. I’m at that so-close-yet-so-far point I think. Most of my levels are 90+ with only 4 skills in the 80s (RC, Con, Slay, Hunt). Still that road from 92-99 is pretty harsh. I do get jealous to an extent every time I see that max cape. I want it so bad. Maybe in a year or two I’ll get to throw that thing over my shoulders.

I haven’t really had much cash since I spent the dough on bones getting 99 prayer. I luckily did that right before the frost dragon update when frost bones were at the lowest in a while. This is the first time I’ve lucked out with RS timing. I usually get the short end of the stick when it comes to that. Since then I hover around the 1-2 mil mark. I’m hoping to hit the RS lotto with a big drop that’ll fund some skills which I should be training, but are kinda useless (construction, I’m looking in your direction). To get con and herblore out of the way would be great. I’m almost 96 herb which is great and incredibly annoying at the same time. At 96 I’ll be able to make the strong naturalist potions in dungeons. Being 95 and needing to pot up to make a pot sucks. Again, so-close-yet-so-far.

Everyone seems to be fighting Jad for their firecapes in order that they can get their firecape 2. To say I have no interest in fighting 2 jads doesn’t even scratch the surface of how I feel. I’ve said it before, I suck at just one jad. 0-23. And before you say it, yes I have seen ______’s video, yes I know how to pray switch, yes whatever else you’re going to suggest me. I’ve heard it all. Call it operator error. I know everything I should do, it’s the execution that’s an issue. I am happy that its coming out for others, but its not content that I’ll be checking out anytime soon.

I wish I had anything more interesting to write about. I log in, do some things for an hour or two and log out I want to start doing boss trips again, but even when I’m doijng that, I’m thinking about how I could be skilling instead. I thought about nuking this blog, but I’ll keep it running. If anyone goes through these past posts and finds anything helpful, then it served its purpose. As of now though, the updates will be few and far between. Not for lack of interest, but really lack of inspiration. I’ll keep playing, but not really writing about playing.

This is not a swan song, but who knows.

4 comments:

Jasmine said...

24th time's the charm.

farmer100 said...

Good post. I have read so many articles or reviews on the topic of the blogger lovers however this post is genuinely a fastidious article, keep it up. Looking forward your new post.

runescape accounts for sale said...

Thanks to share, it is cool

gold for runescape said...

thanks to share of course